Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tasterie Review: Discover, Eat Well, Allergy Free!

For those of us in the "special diet" community, a new, very exciting company, has arisen to help us meet our need for delicious, healthy food in the most convenient way possible--delivered right to our doors!


Meet Tasterie, a monthly subscription service that meticulously seeks out certified allergen-free foods and packages them into an attractive box full of delectable goodies.  Tasterie was started by a pediatrician and mom who was frustrated by the difficulty of finding foods that her child with multiple food allergies could consume.  Therefore, she set out to change the face of shopping for allergen friendly foods.

I live in an extremely rural area, which makes getting my hands on quality, gluten-free food difficult.  But what could be easier than having those hard to acquire foods delivered to my home monthly?  When Tasterie asked if I would like to try their service and write a review for Gluten Free Motherhood I jumped on the opportunity.


My Tasterie box arrived packaged in an appealing box and full of gluten free foods--some of which I had never heard of, and each with a sticker verifying its gluten-free status.




Here's what was included in my gluten free Tasterie box:
  • Yogavive Popped Fuji Apple Chips--these were delicious, organic, and a tremendous hit with my four year old daughter in particular.  She would have eaten both bags of them in one sitting if I would have allowed it!
  • Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Hummus--I'll be honest here, I've never cared for hummus.  However, this hummus has changed my mind.  It was wonderful!  I had several generous helpings that first sitting.  The rest of family was impressed as well.  That's my two year old helping himself on the right.
  • Flamous Falafel Chips--I've always loved falafel, and these chips were the perfect compliment to the hummus.  It was really, really hard to share.
  • Enjoy Life Not Nuts! Seed and Fruit Mix--These came in really handy one morning when I didn't get the opportunity to eat breakfast before church.  I grabbed a pouch and loaded up into the car.  The mix of sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apples, chocolate chips, and cranberries was perfect.
  • Barney Butter Almond Butter--I could eat this every day.  On toast, in a sandwich, by itself.  Smooth, rich, and full of flavor.
  • Amanda's Own Chocolates--Amanda's Own chocolates are dairy free, tree nut-free, peanut-free, egg-free and gluten-free.  These were slightly grainy, but bursting with sweet, full chocolate flavor.  My mom declared them to be the best chocolates she's ever had!
  • Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan Granola--This was the first gluten free granola that I hadn't made myself I'd had that was made with gluten free oats.  I can't begin to tell you how much better it was than the other gluten-free granolas I've had.  It tasted like real granola.  Perfect.  I'm pacing myself so that I don't run out too quickly.  This is great as a breakfast cereal, on yogurt, and just about any other way you can think of.
Tasterie also sent a couple of recipe cards, each with a delicious sounding recipe that uses at least one of the products included in the box.  I haven't had opportunity to try them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Tasterie offers more than just gluten-free foods.  You can select boxes that are top 8 allergen free, dairy free, dairy and egg free, dairy and soy free, egg free, gluten free, gluten and dairy free, gluten free and vegan, peanut and tree nut free, soy free, vegan, and healthy and nutritious.  

Signing up for the service is quick and easy.  Simply select whether you'd like a signature box for $20, or a snack box for $15 that is free of the allergens your family needs to avoid.  Right now, if you share Tasterie on Facebook at checkout you'll save an additional two dollars on your first box.

I can't recommend Tasterie highly enough.  Quality food, great customer service, and the ease of having it delivered to your home.  This is a company that I'm delighted to spread the word about.  Head on over and start your allergen-free subscription today!

No comments:

Post a Comment