Monday, January 30, 2012

Gluten Free Glazed Donuts

I've made plenty of mention of my love of Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  The gluten free chapter saves me large quantities of time.  I haven't made much of the gluten free brioche much, but we've really enjoyed it when I have.  After all, what wouldn't be delicious about a dough with those quantities of milk and honey?


Then, I was flipping through the chapter with pastries and noticed one for chai spiced donuts.  It said you could use the brioche dough for it.  Since I was using the gluten-free version I wasn't able to roll them out, so I just dropped dough into the oil by the tablespoonful. 



They fried up beautifully.

Then I dipped them in glaze and used some leftover Christmas sprinkles on them.



There's only one donut in the picture because I couldn't fry them up fast enough for five donut-eaters.

You know those moments when you make something you think is going to be really special and your children reject it?  This was not one of those moments.


"Please, sir, may I have some more?"

It is decidedly dangerous to have a bucket of beautiful donut dough just sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be fried up.  We could eat donuts daily this week.  Very, very bad for the waistline.  But I'm thinking it just might be worth it...




No comments:

Post a Comment