Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gluten Free Gingerbread House

My husband and I both made it to adulthood having never made a gingerbread house.  In my gluten-filled childhood I made a few of the graham cracker ones, but never the real deal.  This year I decided we'd give it a go.  Aside from a near crisis when the roof broke, it went well.  And the royal icing worked terrifically for gluing the roof piece back together.


Here are photos of the whole process...
Baking

Gluing

Propping

Icing


You can see where I had to glue the roof together on that right side...

An enthusiastic helper.



I worked on it during naptime.


When the kids got up they got to help.

Their favorite part was the eating...


Mercy liked helping with the icing.

After she helped.

The back.

All done!

2 comments:

  1. That is one spiffy-looking house! Nice work! And may I also say your hair is (as always) completely lovely and Mercy's pigtails are adorable. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely gingerbread house. Your little ones look so sweet making it too.
    Thanks for linking up at Lovin' the Weekend blog hops! Hope you had a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete