Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wordless Wednesday--Gluten Free Thanksgiving Prep

Having three small children and being gluten-free makes putting on a Thanksgiving meal quite the project.  Therefore, my mom and I started today.  Pecan pie, pumpkin pie with a streusel topping, and the french fried onions and cream of mushroom soup for the green bean casserole are now done.  If you want to make the green bean casserole you can find the recipe here.  It's well worth the effort!


Frying up the onions.

 The only thing that kept me from eating lots of these was the fact that Abel wouldn't like it.


My pretty Thanksgiving pie plate.  My sister gave this to me for my birthday a few years ago.

Ginger streusel pumpkin pie!

Mushrooms for cream of mushroom soup.

Finished cream of mushroom soup.  I could sit down with a big bowl of this...

2 comments:

  1. Those onion rings look so good! Thanks for linking up at Momma T and Baby E! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the smell of your kitchen. Hmmmm.... yum!

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma's Lounge ( http://olahmomma.com/momlounge ) where you meet more mom bloggers, shout away, add your giveaways and business links and get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings. Following us back is deeply appreciated.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete