Thursday, September 1, 2011

So Much to Do, So Little Time

I am now really feeling the countdown until the baby arrives.  One week from today.  Excuse me.  One week from yesterday.  I just checked the clock and it is after midnight.


My husband is away from home, which means I can't sleep and am up way past my bedtime.


That, and my mental checklist won't stop.  I need to scour everything, right?  And organize.  And dig the infant seat out of the garage.  Pack my suitcase.  Do better at getting Mercy's and Gilead's daily schedules in order (to help keep Nonni sane).  Put up some freezer meals.  Make granola.  Etc., etc., etc.  When I evaluate my list honestly, we'd probably be just find if none of those things occur, but I'm a planner to a fault.


Which leaves me wondering--what is on your list of things that have to be done before a new baby is welcomed into your household?

2 comments:

  1. One of the ridiculous things I had on my list was "Paint changing table." I was SO WORRIED about getting it done in time! Needless to say, it wasn't important, but we had it done about 3 weeks before she came so we were fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about getting ready for baby. I have such a long list of things to do and only a few weeks until she arrives! Scouring the house, and cleaning baby clothes top the list, on top of buying bottles ( for when I pump milk), and the rest of the nursery decorations. It feels like such a moutain of work...including the organizing, but somehow I will get it all done in time. Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete