Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wordless Wednesday--Consolidating Households!

My mom will be moving in with us in a couple of weeks.  Therefore, the kids have moved into one room.  And, while we were at it, we graduated Mercy to a twin bed and Gilead to the toddler bed.  So far it is going pretty well.


Mercy's side of the room.  I found the bedding set (with everything--including a bedskirt and window valances) at Goodwill!  And we got the rail for free in our church exchange closet.

Gilead's side,with a handmade quilt from a friend.  He was obviously in the middle of getting into pajamas in this picture...

Books, bookcases, etc.

First night sleeping together!

The crib all set up for a tiny baby.

The "nursery" is actually a corner of our bedroom.  However, I think it will work well.  This will be the first time we've had the opportunity to put a newborn in the crib.

15 comments:

  1. everything looks pretty! Goodwill or St. Vincents is a good place to find some deals, as long as you dig. your nursery corner is so cute!
    ~Faythe @GrammyMsTails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bedding set! So sweet that they get to share the room, it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Space management, economy, mothering, family relations and decorating skills all in one post, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just beautiful! I like the crib in the corner of your room. That's what we did with my daughter until she was about 6 months old and sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower from Blog Hop Friday! I'm looking forward to reading your blog!
    savinyourmoney.blogspot.com
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha!!! New follower here via the Blog Hop... Hope you have a great weekend!!! :) - http://www.OliviaBlueMusic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great changes at your place!
    Stopping by to say hello from the Monday Mom Blog Hop. (yes, I'm about 4 days behind in everything this week LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'm your newest follower friday blog hop, I'm a day late. Hope you will follow back.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am following via Twitter by way of the blog hop. Please follow me back! I am so new to Twitter and I have no followers... GASP! : )
    http://www.twitter.com/sidekids
    http://www.ssmandhersidekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i am follwing via the blog hop
    Please come visit me anytime over in the uk
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    I found your blog via a Monday blog-hop. I'm now following you on GFC!

    My husband has Celiac and so we are a gluten-free household, too. I love cooking, baking and experimenting with new gluten-free recipes!

    Lindsay
    www.youaretheroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you through Susie B. Homemaker! When my daughter was born, we only had a 1 bedroom apartment, so her nursery was a corner, too! Worked great! Following you now!
    http:/13plumconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so pretty! Would love to have you follow my blog back!

    http://sewsweetbabyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of big changes at your house. :p Hope everyone transitions well. And the nursery corner is adorable.

    I know I'm super slow at getting over here, but thanks for linking up with the Weekend Wind Down... I'm now your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete