Then Mercy entered a physical therapy program to address her gross motor delays, and as the therapist would talk about the kinds of activities that would help her to progress, I remembered that little bicycle and filed it away in my mind for some point in the future.
Therefore, I was thrilled when Strider Sports agreed to send one of their PREbikes for Mercy in December.
As soon as she saw the box, she exclaimed "that's a bicycle for Mercy!" It only took a few minutes for my husband to assemble it and adjust it for her so that she could take it for a little test ride.
That first time was slow, but Mercy started just as Strider describes--by standing and walking while holding the handle bars.
Each time she gets on her Strider she's able to go just a wee bit faster, and just recently she's begun to sit while riding. Here's a video from Strider explaining the advantages of a Strider Running Bike.
I've seen other running bikes that either don't have footrests, or place them in such a way that Mercy would be sure to bang her legs on them when attempting to walk the bicycle. I love the "launchpad footrests" on the Strider. No danger of bruised shins and a natural place for her feet to rest once she's able to glide.
In addition to making a great product, the Strider company has been wonderful to work with. Needless to say, December was awhile ago, and I'm just getting this post up. Strider has been more than patient through our Northwest weather and our personal delays. I wish every company was so helpful!
In addition to having sent a PREbike for Mercy's use, Strider is going to give a Strider Runnning Bike to one lucky reader of Gluten Free Motherhood in the color of her or her choice!
Please leave an e-mail address at which you can be contacted with each entry. Giveaway ends Saturday, May 7 at 11:59pm PST.
1. Become a follower of Gluten Free Motherhood, or let me know if you already are.
2. Head on over to Strider Sports and let me know what color you would choose if you're the winner.
1. Become a fan of Gluten Free Motherhood on Facebook (1 entry).
2. Become a fan of Strider Running Bikes on Facebook, but please don't clutter up their page by telling them I sent you. It's enough to be their fan (1 entry)!
3. Follow Gluten Free Motherhood on Twitter (1 entry).
4. Tweet this giveaway (1 entry). You may do this once a day. Just leave me a comment with a link to each tweet.
5. Blog this giveaway (3 entries) and leave me a link to your post.
6. Share this giveaway on Facebook (1 entry).
7. Vote for Gluten Free Motherhood on Picket Fence via the button on the right (1 entry). This can also be done once a day for additional entries.
And, of course, if you just can't wait, you can always order a PREbike through Strider.
*I was not compensated monetarily in any way for this post. I was provided one Strider PREbike for purposes of review and all opinions contained here are my own.