Friday, February 18, 2011

Almost Goldfish...

Do you remember those little bright orange goldfish crackers from gluten-consuming days?  Who doesn't, right?  And they seem to be a childhood staple--one that my children have had to do without.


A few weeks ago while perusing a new section at Safeway that was emblazoned with large signs on each side declaring it to be gluten-free I found a small package of cheese crackers by Schar.  Of course, we had to try them.




As you can see, we didn't wait to take a picture before opening the package to try them.  Nope, these obviously aren't goldfish.  They are conspicuously minus that goldfish shape.  They also aren't as orange.  However, apart from that, they taste very much like a milder version of that cracker many of us grew up with.


When I gave Mercy her first one her response was "mmm, that's a treat!"  But she hasn't been quite so enthusiastic since.  I suppose that's alright--more for me!

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower from Surfin' Saturdays GFC blog hop!

    Please check out my blog when you get a chance, Becca's Perspective.

    Thanks,
    Becca
    http://beccasperspective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the blog hop and now Im following you! Please check out my blog and follow me, http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/ I also wanted to say how much I love your blog and reading the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Saturday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now following your wonderful blog from Surfin' Saturdays blog hop! Would love a follow back:
    http://meetmarkmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, i'll have to grab those for my son! He has Autism so he can't have gluten/soy/dairy. Your blog is very powerful and moving... I was reading a bit of it and could definitely feel the joy with you guys.
    I found you @ TammyTwoCents and am your new follower! Many blessings,
    Kelsi
    modernmomredefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete