Both of my children have had GERD as infants. Needless to say, I do tons of laundry in their first six months, and still more than the average mom for at least their first year. Mercy didn't stop spitting up until a month or so before her second birthday.
It goes without saying that a good burp cloth is important to us. I have tried many that are cute, but simply don't absorb much. They might be fine if your baby dribbles a bit, but they do absolutely nothing for regurgitating professionals like my kiddos. I was very excited to find the adorable burp cloths by Romy at GrammiesQuiltz one day when I was perusing Etsy for the perfect rag.
GrammiesQuiltz was kind enough to send a burp cloth for Gilead and me to try.
The cloth is a rag quilt in miniature on the top and a solid piece of flannel on the bottom.
As you can see, this burp cloth is adorable--and I was thrilled to discover that it is absorbent enough for even my heavy spitters! This is most definitely a must have for parents of reflux babies.
GrammiesQuiltz also makes lovely rag quilts, crayon kits, and other wonderful gifts for the little ones (and not so little ones) in your life. While you're there take your time to look around!
GrammiesQuiltz has agreed to send a set of two burp cloths in the print of choice to one lucky reader of Gluten Free Motherhood. This is a giveaway worth entering for any parent of an infant--who doesn't need a few wonderful burp cloths?
Rules: Be sure to leave your e-mail address in each comment so that I can contact you if you win. This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only. Giveaway excludes personalized and NFL prints. Please leave one comment for each entry (i.e., if an action is worth more than one entry leave the appropriate number of comments.).
1. Head on over to GrammiesQuiltz and leave a comment letting me know which print you would like your burp cloths in if you win. (1 entry)
2. Become a follower of Gluten Free Motherhood, or let me know if you already are. (1 entry)
1. "Favorite" GrammiesQuiltz on Etsy. (2 entries)
2. "Favorite" your choice of burp cloth prints (or more items!)at GrammiesQuiltz. (1 entry)
3. "Like" Gluten Free Motherhood on Facebook. (1 entry)
4. Follow Gluten Free Motherhood on Twitter. (2 entries)
5. Tweet this giveaway on Twitter. May do once a day. (1 entry per daily tweet)
6. Share this giveaway on Facebook. (1 entry)
7. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to your post. (3 entries)
I will select a winner using random.org and contact the winner via e-mail as well as post the winner. The winner will then have 48 hours to contact me with an address and a confirmation of his/her selection. If I don't hear back from the winner in the allotted amount of time I will be forced to select a new one. Giveaway ends on December 20, 2010 at 11:59pm PST.