Friday, November 5, 2010

Gluten-Free Pizza and Baguette

Last night we had pizza and a baguette for dinner.  In a celiac's home.  And it was wonderful.




I used the olive oil bread dough from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day for both the baguette and the pizza crust.




Though I have one other pizza crust recipe I think I prefer by just a wee bit, it takes so much more time and energy.  I'm in love with the idea of simply having this dough in the refrigerator all the time so that we can have pizza more than once every few months.  My non-celiac husband even thinks it's good!  And while he's not a picky guy, I'm very sympathetic to the fact that he doesn't get to eat like most people do now that he's married to me, and his seal of approval is important.


I also have another baguette recipe that I like, but I'm not sure that I can say I like it better.  And will you just look at that beautiful, golden crust and the airy texture inside?  It was so wonderful dipped in olive oil and spices.




We will most definitely be eating these things much more often than I would have thought possible just a couple of years ago!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks SO good right now :)

    Just found your blog through a Saturday blog hop. My blog has a bunch of reviews and I love reviewing gluten free products!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for stopping by Remember Ember! I'm now your newest follower! =)

    Ember

    ReplyDelete