Monday, November 15, 2010

Gluten Free Graham Crackers

Graham crackers are one of those childhood staples that nearly everyone seems to have fond memories of.  However, my 2-1/2 year old had never tasted one.  Until last week.


I found a "Honey Grahamless" cracker mix at our local natural foods store, and even though it was pricey, I bought it hoping it would turn out to be a special treat for her.


 It was...




Little Guy approved, too...




And Mercy had her first ever s'more.  Come to think of it, it my first s'more in at least five years.  Probably more like seven or eight!





Now I need to find, or come up with, a good, from-scratch recipe that is a bit more budget-friendly.  Because now that we've been reminded of how good a cracker with a wee bit of molasses and cinnamon can be I don't think any of us really want to wait nearly a decade to try it again!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this! I have been looking for a gluten-free bottom to my mini-cheesecake recipe..

    Your kids are beautiful, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet family. GF is a challenge! Thanks for following www.beckhamandbloom.com we're happy to have you! Be sure to join in the Facebook Follow every Tuesday, we just started it last week & hoping for a good following. Hope your Turkey day is great & have a nice day,
    Melly

    ReplyDelete