Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Surprises

Friday was my birthday, and my wonderful family surprised me with some things that have been on my wishlist.


The first, from my husband, was this:


The second, from my in-laws, was a learning tower so that I can more easily involve Mercy in kitchen projects.  So, as soon as I was able, she and I set about making some gluten-free brioche.







And it turned out pretty well.  The top is a beautifully carmelized mixture of egg wash and natural sugar--and the the loaf is even rounded at the top, which, in my experience, can be a very difficult thing to attain with gluten-free breads.





I'm looking forward to trying the cinnamon rolls in the next day or two.  I love having bread dough in the refrigerator all the time.  It has been many, many years since I've had the luxury of eating bread any time I'm in the mood!

6 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying using that book too. Though it usually falls closed while I'm using it and then flour falls on the picture of the two authors. For some reason the little specks scattered across their faces always looks funny to me. I think it's because that picture is SO clear it actually looks like they have flour on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds like an excellent book with great healthy recipes. Keep us posted on how the flavor is. Sometimes the healthier whole grain recipes don't have the best flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday and thank you for joining in the Tuesday Tag, You're It blog hop.

    I am now following you through the google friend connect

    http://debbiedoescoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my page. I am now following you back! Love your page. I have several friends who are required to eat Gluten Free, and I am sure I'll find some great things on your page to share with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Love your page - adorable. That bread looks really delicious.

    Jodi
    http://amomhavingfun.blogspot.com
    http://www.jodishomebiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU GOT THE LEARNING TOWER!! That is so great, I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete